Absinthe is a legendary drink prized by artists, writers, and intellectuals for their "magical" ability to stimulate the imagination (ie. to make people hallucinate) and spawn artistic endeavor.
Learn how to mix up an absinthe frappe by watching this video.
Sours or frappes are made by combining alcohol, egg white, lemon juice, and sugar. The result is a delicious elixir with a creamy body and a nice balance between the sweet from the sugar and the sour from the lemon.
Many people are turned off by the fact that there is a raw egg in the mix but this is honestly one of the most delicate and delicious cocktails you can make.
Le Tourment Vert is used in this video but you can use most brands for this, although each will taste different.
1 shot absinthe
1 egg white
1 teaspoon sugar or half an ounce of bar syrup
Juice from half a lemon
Build drink in shaker then add ice.
Garnish and serve.
Substitute frozen berries for ice - don't strain, serve the drink with the berries.
Add a bit of Cointreau to the mix. A quarter to a half shot can make a big difference.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades